.jpg)
Anyone care for a piece of apple pie?
I've lived in this house for 10 years, and this time every year the 4 apple trees in my back yard call my name to make them into an apple pie. I gave into the calling the first year but quickly realized that making a pie crust from scratch is not my idea of fun. (Mom, I'll leave that as your speciality).
This year our trees were filled with apples. Grandma Shirley came up and got some to make applesauce so I decided I'd give the apple pie one more try. I picked these apples while carefully trying to not to disturb the yellow jackets and white faced hornets that were flying around my hands and my feet. I cut the apples, added the sugar, and realized I had no cinnamon. Who used the last of the cinnamon and didn't care to tell me, Oh Brian!!!! I called my Mom and asked her if it was important to add cinnamon and she said, "Well yes!" So off to the store for a container of cinnamon. Do you ever feel the need to explain to the cashier why you are only buying one item? I came back home, put the pie in the oven and now we are waiting for the pie to cool. Don't tell anyone, but thanks Pillsbury for the pie crusts. I just might make this a yearly tradition.
It sure is going to taste mightly fine with some icecream!



No comments:
Post a Comment