Monday, January 14, 2008

My morning

I was really looking forward to this morning knowing that I had a few hours to myself to catch up on some house chores, light errands, and relaxation while the kids were in daycare. What I wasn't planning on was what Diesel had in store for me when I got home...

First I have to say, thank you Donna for the yummy chocolate gobs, we enjoyed the 3 that Connor, Maleah and I had this morning. Diesel ate the rest of them while I was dropping the kids off at daycare. Damn Dog!!

I was gone for about an hour so I'm sure he pulled the tray off the counter as soon as I left. I called the vet right away knowing he just consumed a large amount of chocolate and they advised me what to do. I had to make him puke up that chocolate! I didn't know pouring 1 1/2 TBSP of salt down a dogs throat would make him vomit, but after about 3 minutes, all that nasty chocolate (or cocoa) was out of his system. Not only was he vomiting outside, he had the runs too. He was in sad shape for awhile. There were a few times where he gave me the pathetic look of "what the hell did you just do to me." But he is doing fine now. I don't think he learned his lesson though, I caught him out in the kitchen a while ago sniffing the air where the gobs were.

If he didn't have a bad enough day today, it gets worse tomorrow. He gets neutered. ;-)

No comments: