
MALEAH is ready to potty train. See how I capitalized Maleah?? I'd still be dragging my feet if it wasn't for her initiation.
This morning Maleah came to me with her diaper off saying "I pee". Now when she says that, I have no idea if she did or if she has too. So I took her to the bathroom and she peed for me. For the heck of it, I asked her if she wanted to wear her brother's underwear rather than a diaper and she wanted to. I told her that she had to be very careful not to pee in them or her brother would be upset.
2 hours went by and she had not peed in them. After about 6 times of asking her if she needed to pee and each time I got a response of no, I decided she better at least try. She still wouldn't pee for me but she did poop. :) We were leaving for Dubois and I didn't want her to wear underwear so I put a diaper on her fully expecting her to pee in them.
At Dubois, we bought 2 pkgs of princess underwear for her so she is all set to hit this head on. When she got home, I immediately took her diaper off to find that she didn't pee while we were away for that 3 hours. She sat on the toilet and peed for me once again.
She has done exceptionally well so far. She knows not to pee on her princesses or they will be sad. She has been playing with her new underwear for the last hour. The last I saw, she took them to her bed because they wanted to sleep.
Wish us luck, I hope this is a smooth transition. I have a few weeks to work with her before going to Cancun, then it's Arleen's turn.



2 comments:
No way! Isn't this early? I remember Jason was almost 3. Wow! Way to go Maleah! No kids in diapers, Jodi? WHAT is that like??
Haha! According to some, no this isn't early... LOL
Maleah is actually training 2-3 months earlier than Connor and I thought he was early!
Post a Comment