If I had to wager, I would have put my money on Connor visiting the emergency room way before Maleah.
I won the "Mother of the Year" award this afternoon. Poor Maleah, she always had some type of boo boo to speak of, today I just about added broken fingers to the list.
I was looking forward to a relaxing evening, Brian took Connor trucking with him for a few hours, so I figured it would be a nice night just doing girly things with Maleah. It couldn't be further from it.
When Maleah and I got home, I took her out of her car seat and put her down to go into the house. I gathered a few things out of the truck and slammed the door. Poor Maleah had her fingers in the front part of the door when I slammed the door shut. She started screaming and I saw her fingers were caught. Oh My God, I thought! It only took a second to open the door, but it seamed like forever. She cried and cried!
I took her straight to the hospital and had them X-Rayed. Luckily nothing was broken. She was a trooper through it all. I was so proud of her as to how well she listened to what she was being told. She had to have around 6 Xrays taken. She has very little swelling from it, you can see indentations on the two fingers on her left hand. She is using her hand as though nothing happened. Maybe I jumped the gun to run her straight to the hospital but it was the piece of mind knowing they are not broken.
While we waited, I caught up with a few of the nurses that I knew out there. Chasity told me that she and Brad are expecting a boy! I'm so happy to hear this news. She and Brad are so excited for a boy this time around!
14 years ago



2 comments:
oh my gosh! I am so glad she is ok! That EXACT same thing happened to Rachel a few months ago when Jason slammed her fingers in the bathroom door. Your story from the ER.. x-rays... and no broken fingers was the exact outcome for us too! And Jason has yet to be in the ER...
My stomach turns when I think of little fingers getting slammed. They must be more resilient than we think. A couple people have told me their stories with the same outcome - no broken bones!
Post a Comment