



In January, we bought tickets to take Connor to see Walking with Dinosaurs in State College. Brian and I have been very excited to see this show as we knew Connor would be excited beyond words. He has been so fascinated by dinosaurs since he was almost 3 years old. We decided to keep the event a secret just for the fact that we didn't want to get his hopes way high and possibly have to cancel due to sickness or bad weather.
Today was the big day, we drove an hour and a half for this show, paid almost $200 for the tickets, used a whole tank of gas and what happens???!!! A half hour into the show Connor completely looses his mind after the 4th dinosaur appeared. His was scared to the point I thought he'd pee his pants. I have never seen him so scared in his life. He kept begging for us to get him out of there. We couldn't get him to settle down so we ended up leaving. It never ever crossed my mind that he would be as scared as he was. This was very disappointing for us, especially after watching You Tube to see what we missed. I thought Connor was mature enough, but I found out differently.
Seeing the excitement in his eyes while sitting on his Dads lap before the show is priceless. I wish this would have been the reaction the whole way through. I think it was just too much for him to take in once the roaring of the dinosaurs started...



1 comment:
awww.. Jason is the same way. He can't stand to see any characters in real life. He wouldn't even go near Dora at Kings Island last year. She was "too big". That dinosaur thing seems awesome though! It's disappointing though I am sure.
Oh - that spring pic on my blog was not taken locally. We didn't any snow yesterday though, but it was cold. SNOW?? ugh.
Post a Comment