Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cook Forest

This afternoon we had a family picnic in Cook Forest with Brian's Mom and Brad, Mike and Missy, Trevor and Polly, Travis and Jamie and all our kids. We wanted to get one last family get together in before Trevor and Polly's endeavor. In just a few weeks, Trevor and Polly will be moving to Arkansas with Trevor's military career. We wish both of them the best of luck with the whole transition. You guys will be missed by many.

Following our picnic, we took the kids to the Fire Tower and Seneca Point. Connor really enjoyed the Fire Tower. He ran up the tower as fast as he could. I'd like a dose of his energy. Luckily, his Dad was able to keep up! Maleah and I made it up about 3/4 of the way and I called it quits. For some reason, I always convince myself that it's going to fall down when I'm almost to the top. I bet I've only been to the top 3 times in my lifetime.

After we were done at the Fire Tower and Seneca Point we set out to find the tree that Brian and I carved our names into more than 20 years ago. Unfortunately, the camp sites were reserved around the tree so we will go back this fall when the camp sites are vacant and see if we can locate the tree that we defaced.

All the kids at play



1 comment:

Jessica said...

such fun pictures! Looks like a good time was had by all... :)