Thursday, August 21, 2008

Connor meets Mrs. Say

This evening we had find your room and meet your teacher night. This year Connor was luckily enough to have Mrs. Say as his Kindergarten teacher. She has many years of experience behind her so I am confident that anything Connor has to bring to the table, she's already dealt with and can handle. ;-)

Connor is attending a small school district. There are 4 kindergarten classes total - two classes have 18 students, and two classes have 17 students. So a total of 70 kindergartners will be enrolling at Clarion-Limestone Elementary School this year. I feel like I'm enrolling him into a private school, rather than a public school because of the attendance. There are some really awesome teachers in CL and I'm told that I'm lucky to have my child in this district as the teachers really care for the students and community.

Tonight was more of a ho hum evening for Connor, what really excited him was the huge playground. I can tell you now, he's going to be bugging Mrs. Say to go out for recess.

I had a lot of uneasiness before tonight, but I've gotten myself to the point where I think I can relax a little. I asked Connor 2 or 3 times if he wanted to find his room once again while we were with him and he didn't want to. I think he will be fine with this whole new experience and I'm sure he will do a whole lot better than I do on that first day.

His first day is this coming Monday, 8/25/08. He will have a full day of Kindergarten, Monday- Friday 9:18 - 3:30. Wow, that's a long day! He will catch the bus around 8:10 and come home around 4:30. That's a long time to be on the bus but I think he will enjoy it.

I can't believe how fast these 5 years have gone. Best wishes sweetie! Your Mom and Dad are sad to see you grow up so fast but it's all part of life. Your are going to have so much fun! Congratulations of being a Kindergartner, Big Guy!!

3 comments:

Traci said...

I can't believe our kiddos are already going to Kindergarten. Good luck Connor and you for the first day.

Jessica said...

GOOD LUCK tomorrow Jodi! (oh.. I mean Connor..lol) I will definitely be thinking of you!!

Jodi said...

Thanks Guys!! Connor made it easy for me. He was ready and excited so it made my morning better.