Monday, September 8, 2008

2 weeks under Connor's belt

It's been 2 weeks now since Connor started Kindergarten and I'm happy to report that he really likes going to school. He is adjusting really well and has made a lot of new friends, both boys and girls. His friends seem to stretch outside of his KB class because he talks about friends in KA and KC.

He brings home several work sheets a day with neatly colored objects. He explains what he has done on every sheet and it appears as though he is following directions well. He hasn't had any bad behavior notes come home in his back pack, so I would say he is listening. : )Listening is a major accomplishment for Connor! Last week he focused on the letter C, this weeks letter is O.

The first Thursday into his first week of school he woke up telling me his stomach hurt him. I wasn't sure if he was being truthful since he wasn't running a fever or spitting up. I talked with his teacher later in the day, and she said he was playing quietly with his friends and didn't seem to be bothered by his stomach. I chalked it up to nerves. I still felt horrible sending him to school but would have been there in an instant if he would have been sent to the nurse.

So far Connor isn't having any issues regarding me being home while he has to go to school. I figured that he would put on a show in protest of having to go to school but so far he enjoys getting on the bus and being with his friends all day. I can't tell you how relieved I am of this!

Open house will be very soon, September 16th. I'm looking forward to talking to the teacher and see how Connor is doing in class.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

you must be relieved it's going so well! Jason says its going well for him too but I am not so sure...