Monday, December 22, 2008

Connor's Christmas Program

Connor had his Kindergarten Christmas Program this afternoon. The Christmas program was scheduled for last Friday but was canceled due to the freezing rain. Todays weather wasn't a whole lot better. The school ran a 2 hour delay because of the very low temperatures this morning. The wind chill factor was -21. Today should have been canceled, in my opinion, but I come to find that my school district closes for next to nothing.

The Christmas Program was really cute. All 4 kindergarten classes have been working really hard over the past 6 weeks to learn the songs they sang and the parts that they memorized. I forgot to charge my batteries, so I was limited to what photos I could take. Video was out the question. This is all 70+ kindergartners up on stage. Connor is sitting in the front row, right behind the microphone.

This is what Connor had to say for the program today:

Red is a color of Christmas,
Red is a color so merry,
Red is a color of Santa's nose and a holly berry.

and

"M" for the music of laughter and glee





After the program was over, we were invited to the Kindergarten classroom for refreshments. I was able to get a picture of Connor and his teacher, Mrs. Say. Connor was so proud to have his picture taken with his teacher. After refreshments, we were given a Christmas gift that the kids made in art class. I have the ornament hanging on the Christmas tree, I will take a picture and post.

No comments: