Friday, June 19, 2009

June sickness??

It's unlikely to be sick in the summer time but it's possible, just ask Connor and Maleah. Connor picked up a nasty bug on Thursday May 28th where he ran a fever for 7 days straight. After a chest Xray and blood work, a diagnosis was made that it was viral bronchitis. No antibiotics were given to him, viral can't be treated with antibiotics so his body had to fight off his infection. Connor dropped more than 5 lbs with this illness. I missed a day and a half of work but could have missed more if it wouldn't have been for Mom, and Donna & Hilton helping me out with babysitting. Thank you so much for all your help.

Then... just when we thought we were out of the woods, Maleah comes down with it a week later. She was feverish for 6 days and I missed 2 days of work. I took her to the doctor and she had to have a breathing treatment right in the office to hear her lungs properly. Her cough was so tight, she was placed on Albuterol liquid drops to open her lungs and will remain on that medicine for a total of 15 days. She will finish her medicine the last day of June. So June has not been a great month for us. Let's just hope it doesn't find its way to Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa Hilton has contracted the bug Must have been too many kisses

Jodi said...

Oh no!! I'm sorry.