Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Maleah broke a tooth

We can't catch a break this summer. With everything that's been going on with the Smith household, I hate to report that Maleah broke a front tooth this afternoon.

I didn't see the event happen, but Connor come running into the house telling me that something was wrong with Maleah's front tooth after falling on the driveway. My heart sank, I went running to see that she cracked her front tooth. The fracture itself doesn't concern me too much, it's that the nerve was bleeding and that's not a good sign. I'll take her to see the dentist tomorrow and he will likely say that she needs to have the nerve removed from the tooth and that can only happen 2 ways, either extraction or a pulpotomy, (root canal). If I would be dealing with a boy, I'd probably have the tooth removed, but since we're not, I'll do the root canal to keep her smile intact for the next 3 years (hopefully).

No comments: