Monday, November 26, 2007

When will the sickness end??

This fall season has been rough on the Smith household in the way of illnesses. It all started with Maleah coming down with Strep Throat a week before going to the beach in September. She was well for maybe a week after her antibiotics then she got an ordinary cold. We got her cleared up then Connor started with one. At that point it all becomes fuzzy, but I can say we've been fighting it all off since. About 2 weeks ago, I developed a sinus infection so off to the doctor I went for antibiotics. I figured since I had to blow a half day of work, I might as well squeeze Maleah into her doctor too. As it turned out, Maleah had a double ear infection, probably a sinus infection AND pink eye! She's been on an anitbiotic since last Tuesday so I figured we were out of the woods with her being sick, but just when I assumed she were on the mends, BAMB... she started with intestinal flu... I was up Sunday morning at 3:30 changing bed sheets, blankets, jammies... You name it she messed on it. Yesterday she was fine through the day, but bedtime came and I heard the unmistakable cough that every mother dreads hearing. Yep, she was spitting up again. Today she isn't spitting up but it's coming out the other end. Poor Maleah, I can't get this girl better!

Looking back on the day when dealing with just one cold a year (of my own) never looked so appealing!

No comments: