
While the kids were at daycare this morning, I decided to venture to Clarion for some winter bargains and to buy some paint samples for my bedroom walls. When I left home, it was starting to snow but not enough to keep me at home. I usually feel confident driving on winter roads. When I came out of the mall, there were about 2 inches of snow in really less than 1/2 hour. It had traffic creeping in Clarion. The roads seemed to be clearing so I headed home on the interstate. I came upon this mess within minutes of it happening. This was at the Corsica exit. Luckily this was west bound and I was traveling east bound. After seeing a pile up like this, and cars slid off the road trying to avoid hitting each other, it put the fear of god in me, I'll tell you. From the Corsica exit to the Brookville exit, it was a sheet of ice. I was never so glad to be off the interstate safe and sound. I went and picked up the kids and didn't venture out the rest of the day. (photo taken by Randy Bartley)



No comments:
Post a Comment