We had an appointment this morning at 9:30 to register Connor for elementary school. He held my hand pretty tight as we walked into the school. This is all new to him as we've never been to this elementary school before. He seemed a little hesitant as we walked down the long hallway to the library. As we stood in line to register, he realized that Alaina (a girl from his daycare) was standing in front of him with her Dad. He eased up and smiled at me. I must say, a calm came over me too.
The parents waited in the library while the Kindergarten teachers came and took them to their first testing site. The first test in which the parents were not able to attend took around 25 minutes. After that, the kids were taken to their hearing, speech, and vision testing. After he was all done with his testing, we went down to the kindergarten rooms to play. He and Alaina played together. During the time there, he recognized Alaina, Tylor and Sydney.
When we got home, I realized that the paper Connor was carrying around from testing site to testing site said that Connor failed his hearing test. I called to talk about his results but was asked to call back and ask for the school nurse on Monday.
I called and she said that he failed his hearing test in both ears with the lowest decibel range. We will be bringing this to the attention of his Pediatrician on May 21st. I'm hoping this was nothing but clinical error.
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment