Monday, June 30, 2008

Cleveland weekend

Brian and I, along with the kids had a great weekend with two of my forum friends, Jessica and Christie. We met up with their husbands and children and spent the day at the Children's Museum followed by dinner at the Outback Steak House. Sunday we had breakfast at the hotel and wore our kids out at a local park before heading home. We all had a great time, our children played well together, the ladies had a great time laughing and drink way too much. We hope to meet up in Pittsburgh and do it all over again in September.

To give you a brief history on our friendship, we all met in July 2002 on a forum focused around our pregnancy. This was our (mine, Jessica's and Christie's) first pregnancy so we guided each other along with our highlights and struggles and we talked about our hopes, our fears, and everyday life. Following the birth of our first child, we created a private forum consisting of 7 ladies spread across the United States. Our small group of ladies live in Ohio, Colorado, Alabama, New York, Michigan, and 2 of us live in Pennsylvania. During this time, we've been each others support group. We've watched our children grow, houses being built, additional pregancies, surgeries, loss of loved ones and just everyday life. We enjoy the friendship that the internet has formed.

I just want to thank you ladies for being a part of my every day life. I have had a ton of fun over the past 6 years being involved in your everyday life. I would love to meet each and everyone of you ladies someday. May the Ye Ole March Pub always be open and available. :)

This is Christie, Jodi and Jessica



This is Connor and Jason. Connor was born in Feb 2003 and Jason was born in April 2003. Megan, who was absent from our weekend trip was born on the same day as Connor. We hope to meet up with Megan in September.





And last, these are the new little girls (Maleah, Molly and Rachel) who we have come to love and adore. They are Connor, Jason and Megan's siblings. Maleah and Molly were born in October 2005. Rachel was born in June 2006.

4 comments:

Kristin Williams said...

Look at you! What great words about our group! I am sorry I missed this one. Loved this post. :)

Jessica said...

man... I look like I have that 80s hair we talked about! :)

I had a great time Jodi! It was so good to see you girls again with the kids. I got teary eyed reading your post!

Kristin said...

Your post really summed up our group well! I'm glad that I have gotten to know all the ladies from the forum and hopefully one day I will make it to one of the trips.

I'm glad to hear that you all had a great time!

Jodi said...

You ladies really are the greatest! I've had so much fun chatting with you over the years!