Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Keeping my fingers crossed

I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm hoping to avoid this awful stomach bug that has taken up residence at our home for the last few weeks. It hit Connor and Maleah in the same week, the next week it hit Connor again causing me to pick him up at school, then it hit Brian last Thursday. To top that all off, Connor came down with strep throat. So far, I've been very lucky to have avoided these nasty bugs, but bugs seems to know they can't win battles against Moms. :-)

I haven't had a whole lot to blog about, other than sickness, and not alot of people want to read about that so I'll blog about the happenings of Connor.

Connor came running to me in hysteria this afternoon after swallowing a small watch type battery. His Pediatrician is out for 2 weeks, the backup is out on Wednesdays, so I just called Poison Control Center. They suggested I take him to the emergency room to see if it lodged in his esophagus, where it would corrode the battery, or if it passed to his stomach. Xrays confirmed that it passed to his stomach and will pass safely within a few days. Fun days ahead of inspecting his stool.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

OH... I get it now! :) wow. How scary! Umm... I hope you find it... :)

Kristin said...

We have had the bug this week at our house. I have stayed well so far, but you never know when it is going to hit someone else in the family.

I hope the battery came out okay. Ha-ha! Sorry that you had to deal with all that!