This afternoon, I picked up Connor at his school before heading over to his dental cleaning. While I waiting outside of the principle's office for him to round the corner, a group of second or third graders lined up outside of their room. I saw Connor and he gave me the biggest smile. He grabbed my hand and we walked down the hallway. We passed the older kids and he still held my hand. I felt proud that he wasn't embarrassed to hold his Mom's hand. I know the time is coming when he won't want to show affection toward me, I'm just happy it wasn't today. Walking past a group of girls, they said, "Goodbye Connor", and he shyly said, Goodbye. I asked once we were outside who those girls were and he said, "I don't know there names Mom, but everyone knows me."
Oh and to add, Connor had no cavities, as usual. He has yet to get a wiggly tooth. He asks me every day to feel his teeth for a loose one but nothing yet.
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment