Connor has sight words that his teacher is encouraging the whole class to practice at home. Connor was not able to read before entering Kindergarten and he is doing well with these sight words in preparation for reading. We work on them every night before going to bed. The list is simple and few. He does really well with recognizing the color words. He had trouble with like and look. It's amazing watching him learn. These are his sight words:
a and can have I in is it
like look my see the what you
red orange yellow green blue pink
gray black white brown purple
In addition to these words, he can count from 1-100 by 1, 5's and 10's. Oh, and to our surprise, he learned to tie his shoes at school. We have tried numerous times to get him to learn, but he doesn't have the patience. I haven't pushed this as I thought we would master it this summer. I guess Kindergarten thinks it's important now. :) He knows his full address, phone number, the days of the week and months of the year. He knew all those before starting Kindergarten though.
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment